You will undoubtedly have many questions following any type of potential accident claim. These will relate to the specific circumstances of your situation. Put an experienced personal injury attorney in your corner who can provide the advice and counsel that will address your needs and concerns. 

  • Auto Accidents

    • What are punitive damages in accident claims involving cars, motorcycles, trucks, or other traffic accidents?

      Punitive damages are those designed to punish drivers who have engaged in negligence or recklessness that is particularly gross or harmful. These damages are meant to serve as a message to the offender as well as others that such behavior will not be tolerated. They may or may not be awarded based on the specifics of the case.

    • What should I do after a motorcycle accident?

      Assess your situation to determine if you are in harm’s way or seriously injured. If possible, get to safety after which you can call 911. Don’t remove your helmet if wearing one or other protective gear. Wait for medical personnel to arrive so as not to aggravate any possible injuries you may have. Even if you believe you are not injured, it is recommended that you be checked out by a doctor. At the time of the accident, if possible, gather as much evidence as you can. This can include photos, police reports, and insurance and contact information of the other driver, as well as the contact information of any witnesses. Call Schuler Law Office as soon as you can to get advice and counsel.

      These same steps apply to car accidents, truck accidents, and any other type of traffic accident.

    • Should I get medical attention after a car accident even if I think I’m okay?
      Injuries from cars, motorcycles, trucks, and other traffic accidents may not manifest right away. They often do not show up for hours or even days after an accident. That is why we recommend that you seek treatment as soon as possible following an accident. That way you will be advised of what to expect will receive proper treatment and/or instructions as to what to do and will establish a medical record that can be used to support your claim. More Questions Concerning Accident Claims & Lawsuits
    • Should I talk to an insurance adjuster about my car accident or motorcycle accident claim?
      We recommend that you do not. While these individuals may sound friendly and accommodating, it is important to remember that they do not work for you; they work for their employer. They have been trained to interact with you with one goal in mind: to limit their payout or deny it altogether. We recommend that you do not make any recorded statements, do not agree to any settlement offer, or sign anything provided by an adjuster. Your first step should be to discuss your case with one of our personal injury attorneys to get proper advice about what is best for you, not what is best for the insurer.
    • Do I need an attorney to file a car accident injury claim?
      You do not need an attorney to handle your claim. However, if you were injured and have accrued medical expenses, the potential for future medical expenses, have missed work, have experienced pain and suffering, and/or have suffered damage to your vehicle, it is widely recommended that you have legal representation. Having a professional on your side to take care of all of the details of your claim will put you in the best legal position possible for negotiation or litigation purposes. It is a well-known fact that injury victims with representation obtain better results in claims than those who try to manage the process on their own.
  • Premises Liability

    • Will my slip and fall case go to trial?
      The majority of all accident claims settle outside of court. However, every case is different with its own set of unique circumstances. Some cases will go to trial if a settlement cannot be reached. At Schuler Law Office, our attorneys will take a case to trial if that is the best solution for reaching a fair and just result for our clients.